Day 1: Travel by motorcoach to the Maine coast where we will kick things off with a lobster dinner. Then take the afternoon to explore downtown Ogunquit, take a dip in one of the hotel pools or hot tubs, lay on the beach, or stroll Marginal Way. Everything is within walking distance to the hotel. Everybody will reconvene for dinner and then spend your evening as you wish.
Day 2: Early risers may want to watch the sun rise over the ocean. Breakfast is at your leisure in the hotel before we head out. This morning we will tour the coast on a boat cruise and maybe learn a little about lobstering. Next we head to up the coast to Kennybunkport where we well have a great lunch by the ocean and you will have a chance to explore another charming Maine town. Tonight features an elegant dinner and then off to the Ogunquit Playhouse to see a performance of Mr. Holland’s Opus.
Day 3: After breakfast we board the motorcoach and say goodbye to Ogunquit but there is still plenty to do on our way back home. All of the cameras will be out as we stop to see Nubble Lighthouse on Cape Neddick. Then satisfy your sweet tooth or just bring home some goodies from our stop at a candy store with over 10,000 pounds of treats on display. Save your appetite thought as the next stop is an upscale steak house for a meal you will remember. Just in case the big meal is not enough to facilitate your northbound nap we will be making one more stop for a tour and tasting at a winery.
If you’ve ever talked to anyone who has been to Alaska, they’ve raved about it! This is your chance.
- Round-trip airfare and transportation from Vermont
- 2 Nights in Vancouver and city tour before boarding ship
- One week cruising by glaciers up the inward passage and stopping at coastal towns, some don’t even connect to the mainland
- One week inland headed up to Fairbanks visiting Denali National Park and admiring the wild life and the tallest mountain in North America at 20,310’
- Tundra Wilderness Tour, Riverboat Glacier cruise, McKinley Explorer dome train from Anchorage to Denali
- All meals, including special VGMT Salmon bake & dinner theatre at the McKinley Chalet & dinner theater at Palace theatre in Fairbanks
- Transfers, ship gratuities, taxes, fees, port charges
$5,798 Inside Cabin | $5,865 Ocean View | $7,350 Verandah
$7,000 Inside Cabin | $8,000 Ocean View | $9,000 Verandah
There are over 30 points of interest on this 15 day road trip.
- 14 Nights Lodging
- 43 Meals: 14 Breakfasts, 15 Lunches, 14 Dinners
- Visit the Henry Ford museum
- Stay in a German Village
- Appreciate the pomp and opulence of an overly formal dinner
- Revel at the size of the Mall of America the largest mall in the USA
- Watch herds of buffalo roam the great plains
- Envision life as a roughrider in Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Or a gunslinger in Deadwood
- Explore Wind Cave National Park and surrounding Custer State Park
- Compare Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial
- Admire the Badlands and National Grasslands
- Stay in Amish Country and learn the simple ways of life
- Marvel at the power of Niagara Falls
- Premier coach transportation
2019-10-05 Fall Foliage
People from all over the world travel to regions like ours to admire the beauty of foliage season. We’re lucky enough to live in one of the best areas for it and that makes it easy and affordable to enjoy an experience that is out of reach for most. We will travel across northern Vermont into New Hampshire where we will embark on the Hobo Railroad. A scenic train ride in the White Mountains providing spectacular views, entertainment and a tasty turkey dinner. We then continue east to Maine and the Fryeburg Fair. A classic New England tradition since 1851 this agricultural fair covers 185 acres. You’ll find everything you’d expect and more. The pig scramble is sure to make you smile as you watch a group of children chase after piglets eager to fill their burlap sacks with one. Don’t worry about trying to squeeze the whole fair into Saturday evening, because after a night at the hotel, we’re back again on Sunday.
- 1 Night lodging
- 2 Day admission to Fryeburg Fair
- Train ride with lunch
- Premier Coach transportation
2020-01-10 NCL Western Caribbean Cruise
Escape winter and explore the islands on one of Norwegian Cruise Lines newest ships. This itinerary is filled with beautiful beaches but for those who enjoy immersing themselves in an underwater world of coral and tropical fish it features several of the best snorkeling spots in the world! Stop first at Great Stirrup Cay, NCL’s 250-acre paradise in the Bahamas. Go parasailing, kayaking, or relax on the pristine beach. Nearby Nassau also offers incredible reef access, beautiful beaches and great shopping. In Ocho Rios, you can make the exhilarating climb up the limestone-terraced steps of Dunn’s River Falls, 600 feet of beautiful cascades and pools surrounded by lush Jamaican rainforest, or find your way to the blue hole. Sure you can open a bank account in Grand Cayman but it’s a lot more fun to swim with rays at stingray city. In Roatan it is possible to swim with sharks but if that sounds too intense perhaps riding a dolphin is the experience you’re looking for. Harvest Caye is NCL’s premier resort-style destination in Belize for fun in the sun where you can cool off with a drink at the swim-up bar. Then head west to Cozumel on the coast of Mexico’s beautiful Yucatán Peninsula. Here you will have an opportunity to visit an ancient Mayan temple, explore the jungle in an ATV or just relax poolside at a beach club. The last port of call is Cozumel where you can find out for yourself if the famous beaches live up the hype.
- Roundtrip airfare between Burlington, VT and Orlando, FL
- Ground transportation
- 1 night hotel in Cape Canaveral
- 11 nights on Norwegian Breakaway
- Taxes, fees and port expenses for ship
- All meals
- All tipping and gratuities (except your VGMT tour guide)
Ocean-view room: $2,475 Double | $3,960 Single
Balcony: $2,840 Double | $4,480 Single
Behold spectacular Alpine vistas and enjoy a performance of the famed Oberammergau Passion Play on this journey through Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. Begin your tour with a stay at Lago Maggiore in the amazing lakes region of Italy at the foot of the Alps. Next travel into Switzerland and visit Zermatt where you will marvel at the Matterhorn as it towers over the city from the distance. Next climb aboard the Glacier Express for an unforgettable train ride through the Alpine scenery of majestic mountains, verdant valleys, picturesque canyons, glistening glaciers and snowcapped peaks. After a stay in St. Moritz we will make our way across the border of Austria to Innsbruck. From there we will visit Salzbrug for a tour featuring the birthplace of Mozart and Mirabell Gardens, before treating your taste buds to a scrumptious dinner and Mozart concert at the centuries-old St. Peter’s Restaurant. The tour then leads into yet another country as we make our way to Germany’s Bavarian capital of Munich. The city tour here will highlight the Marienplatz, the Glockenspiel and the Olympic Park. Your final destination Oberammergau, a quaint village nestled in the Bavarian Alps, is where you’ll witness a performance of the world-renowned Passion Play, whose origins date back to 1634. Watch as the entire village comes together to fulfill their vow to perform a play every ten years in honor of Christ’s life if they were spared from the Black Plague. This is an event that will not happen again until 2030, so don’t miss it while you have the chance. Our last day of touring features a pair of properties beyond your dreams. The Linderhof Palace is pure opulence and over the top ornate in every room. The Neuschwanstein Castle perched on top of a steep rock hill seems straight out of a fairy tale for good reason, it was inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle.
- Round trip airfare
- All ground transportation – motor coach and train
- All meals
- Ticket to the Oberammageau Passion Play